go to the Gas-insulated switchgear product page Anonymous asked on Jan 26th, 2015 in Gas-insulated switchgear

In a GIS, can I connect an electronic current transformer to any kind of IED or are there incompatibilities between different systems or manufacturers?

Olav Knudsen , Principal Engineer, Gas-insulated switchgear

ABB's answer

Today, most electronic current transformers used in high-voltage equipment come with either a low-voltage analogue interface or with a digital fibre optic interface as according to IEC61850-9-2LE. LE stands for "Light Edition" and refers to an implementation guideline issued by the UCA international user's group. The implementation defines a sensible subset of the vast range of IEC61850-9-2 options to ease implementation in electronic current and voltage transformers. Gas-insulated switchgear GIS (http://new.abb.com/high-voltage/gis )


Submit comment cancel

Area expert

  • Olav Knudsen

    Olav Knudsen

    Principal Engineer, Gas-insulated switchgear

    High Voltage Products

Contact ABB

If you want to purchase a product, need any pricing information or need help or support from ABB, please contact your local partner.

Haven't found what you've been looking for?

or Ask a question or Contact ABB

ABB's website uses cookies. By staying here you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more