go to the Power transformers product page anonymous asked on Oct 26th, 2016 in Power transformers

What are the differences between phase angle regulator (PAR), quad booster (QB) and phase shifting transformer (PST) ?

Joel A. Kern, Global Product Manager

ABB's answer

These are just different terms for the same product. The term phase angle regulator is more common in the US. Quad booster is more common in the UK and it refers to the quadrature voltage injected. Phase shifting transformer is the term used in more in Europe and Asia.


Submit comment cancel

Area expert

  • Abhishek Rai

    Abhishek Rai

    Marketing and Sales Manager

    Large and medium power transformers

Contact ABB

If you want to purchase a product, need any pricing information or need help or support from ABB, please contact your local partner.

Haven't found what you've been looking for?

or Ask a question or Contact ABB

ABB's website uses cookies. By staying here you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more