go to the Frequency conversion product page Perry Field asked on Mar 17th, 2014 in Frequency conversion

Do I need an isolating transformer when applying a PCS100 SFC for Shore to ship power

Perry Field, Global Product Manager

ABB's answer

An isolation transformer is recommended when suppling shore power to docked vessels. This prevents galvanic currents flowing and is often required by IEC standards.

Like this answer 1 person liked it already!


Submit comment cancel

Similar questions

Area expert

  • Perry Field

    Perry Field

    Global Product Manager

    Perry studied electrical engineering at the University of Canterbury New Zealand gaining a Bachelors and Masters degree specializing in Power Electronics. He has worked as a R&D design engineer for variable speed motor drives before joining Vectek Electronics, designing power quality and marine converters. For the last 4 years Perry has lead the Product Management for the ABB Power Conditioning portfolio.

Contact ABB

If you want to purchase a product, need any pricing information or need help or support from ABB, please contact your local partner.

Haven't found what you've been looking for?

or Ask a question or Contact ABB

ABB's website uses cookies. By staying here you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more